A jaw crusher is generally used as a primary crusher in a crushing circuit. Product is fed into the top of the jaw crusher by an vibrating grizzly feeder. The eccentric rotating drive shaft causes the movable jaw to oscillate crushing the aggregate against a fixed jaw. Jaw crushers are run on belt drives driven by an electric motor or diesel engine. Jaw crushers are used extensively throughout the aggregate and mineral processing industry.
Jaw crushers are often used as primary crushers and are perhaps the most popular crusher worldwide. These compressive crushers are suitable for most any type of material.
In this type of crusher, reduction takes place between a stationary jaw plate and a moving jaw plate. The moving jaw plate is mounted on the pitman, which is given a reciprocating motion. Crushing takes place when the pitman moves toward the stationary jaw, compressing the material.
The Perfromance Characteristics of Jaw Crusher:
1. Crushing cavity is deep and there is no dead area, which improves feeding capacity and output;
2. High reduction ratio and uniform final product size;
3. Spacing piece type discharge-hole adjustment device is reliable and convenient;
4. Reliable and safe lubrication system, convenient replacement of parts and small work load of maintenance;
5. Simple structure, operational reliability and low operation cost.
This jaw crusher is mainly used in various industries, such as mining, road, railway construction and chemical industry etc.
Double toggle jaw crushers
In the double toggle jaw crushers, the oscillating motion of the swing jaw is caused by the vertical motion of the pitman. The pitman moves up and down. The swing jaw closes, i.e., it moves towards the fixed jaw when the pitman moves upward and opens during the downward motion of the pitman. This type is commonly used in mines due to its ability to crush tough and abrasive materials.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© Copyright 2013-15, All Rights Reserved by Rich Field Minerals